People might feel like they can get away with violating a traffic law or cheating on their taxes, but God and His laws work much differently. God sees everything we do, hears everything we say, and He really does care about how we behave. While the Lord offers forgiveness for our sins, there still are deadly consequences for breaking God's law. Amazingly, some Christians say any attempt to obey God's law amounts to legalism. Yet Jesus said if you really love God, you'll do what He asks. So is obedience legalism? Take time to read this Study Guide carefully ... eternal consequences are at stake!
1. Does God really see and take note of me personally?
2. Can I be saved in His kingdom without obeying His Word, as found in the Holy Bible?
3. Why does God require obedience? Why is it necessary?
4. Why does God permit disobedience to continue? Why not destroy sin and sinners now?
5. Will God actually destroy the disobedient?
6. I want to obey all of God's rules. How can I be certain I will not overlook one?
7. Does God count me guilty for disobeying Bible truth that has never been made clear to me?
8. But God isn't particular about obedience on every point and in small details, is He?
9. When I discover new truth, I wait until all obstacles are removed before embracing it. This is best, isn't it?
10. But isn't full obedience an impossibility for a human being?
11. What will happen to a person who willfully and knowingly continues in disobedience?
12. I thought love was more important than obedience. Isn't it?
13. But I always thought that true freedom in Christ released me from obedience. Doesn't it?
14. When I believe God requires a certain thing, should I obey even though I do not understand why He requires it?
15. Who is really behind all disobedience, and why?